If you have questions or concerns, come in and see us or give us a call at 704-792-9388.
Tattoo Aftercare Guide
- Keep your tattoo covered for 2-4 hours after it is finished; do not keep it on any longer. New tattoos, at first need to be bandaged, but also need to breathe in order to heal properly. The only exception for this rule is when you go to bed, you may bandage it if it’s on a spot that involves a lot of movement during sleep.
- Once you have removed the bandage, clean your new tattoo well with an unscented, anti-bacterial soap and warm water. DO NOT SCRUB! Do this twice a day.
- After washing, dry it by lightly dabbing it with a paper towel and then add a very thin coat of A&D ointment no more than twice a day, after you wash it.
- You want to be sure to wear loose-fitting clothing that will not rub against the tattoo, especially in the first 2 or 3 days of healing. It is better to keep your freshly tattooed skin exposed to the air during the healing process if at all possible, and if not, avoid tight clothing that can stick to the tattoo.
- KEEP IT CLEAN! Remember! Especially for the first day or two, the tattoo is an OPEN WOUND until a skin barrier is formed again. So avoid things like letting your pets lick the freshly tattooed skin (they will naturally be attracted to the smell). Don't touch your tattoo yourself if you have not washed your hands. Stay out of pools, the ocean, the sun, and tanning beds. Keep in mind you are still healing. Doing these things will cause the tattoo to fade, and ink may fall out in certain areas leaving white spots. It is our job to put the ink in your skin, and it is your job to keep it there!
- Also during the healing process do not scratch your tattoo. It will feel itchy, but that is a sign that it is healing. If the itching is unbearable you may pat or gently slap it.
Piercing Aftercare Guide
Here are a few reminders of what to do and not to do while your new piercing is healing…
- DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT UNSCENTED ANTI-BACTERIAL SOAP! NO SALINE SOLUTION, RUBBING ALCOHOL, OR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, AS IT COULD CAUSE INFECTION AND TAKE LONGER TO HEAL!!!!!!!
- Do not touch or play with your new piercing no matter how cool or shiny it may look !!!!!!
- Ear and Nose Piercings - Clean 2-3 times a day with anti- bacterial soap with a Q-Tip, making sure to get the soap in the piercing. You may spin it and move it around getting the soap in your hole/holes.
- Then take a plain wet Q-Tip and clean out the soap around your piercing, making sure to get all the soap out to prevent irritation or infection. Then take a dry Q-Tip and clean up the wetness round it.
- Oral Piercings – Rinse your mouth with Listerine 2-3 times a day only. Any more could over-clean it and kill all the good things in your mouth. You may eat drink and smoke; just don’t get drunk and forget these instructions. With a Monroe, lip, or labret piercing, clean as an oral piercing and as an ear piercing.
- Surface Piercings – (Including Navel, Nipples, Eyebrow or any piercing going through your skin other than your ears nose or mouth.) Clean just as you would and ear piercing, but only clean it 2 times a day so you don’t irritate it, as it may reject or migrate out. It will crust for a few days or puss naturally - that’s normal. If it’s a dark yellow or green please contact me or come into the shop so I can show you how to properly take care of it as it is infected.